Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER 2009

Happy Easter! We woke up in the middle of the night to a thunderstorm with lightening and drenching rain. I was so worried the day was going to be cold and wet and I was feeling bad for all the little ones wanting to hunt Easter Eggs. It rain and was cool all morning but finally warmed up and the sun appeared for the afternoon. Gene got a stomach virus last night and was still sick this morning so he stayed home and did not go to the Easter party. My good friend Lori invited us to spend Easter Sunday with her family in Decatur, TX. Her family all gets together at her Aunt's home for a pot-luck lunch and Easter Egg hunt every year with people from all over North Texas. There was probably 40+ people there to celebrate the day. The girls and I had a great time and the food was wonderful. Her Aunt and Uncle live on a farm and have a huge barn where they set up for the lunch. There were children and dogs everywhere all running around having a blast. Everyone made Jenny, Suzanna and I feel at home and very welcomed. Last night I made homemade Mac & Cheese, ham and cheese rolls, and hand dipped chocolate and pecan strawberries. Must have been good because I came home with empty platters. It was a great day but would have been better if Gene had been there with us and if I had my CAMERA which is STILL BROKEN. I miss taking pictures everyday so much. I hope that your Easter Sunday was as good as ours. God is so good to us.

No comments: